Our Blog

Trauma within Embryo Adoption

Trauma within Embryo Adoption

Adoption trauma describes the trauma connected to being separated from one’s birth family. Either at the moment of birth or at another point during primitive years. However, because children born through embryo adoption are not separated from their birth family, the exact same type of trauma does not necessarily apply…

read more
Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month

It is important not only for our society to recognize and give voice to this type of loss, but also for those who have experienced it to allow themselves to grieve and to honor the child or children they have lost.

read more
How to Talk to Your Snowflake about Their Origins

How to Talk to Your Snowflake about Their Origins

It is natural to be curious about our genetic origins. For adoptees, it can open up a completely new world by answering questions, and filling in the gaps. Unless, the adopted person does not know that they are adopted…

read more
A New Life Born from Loss

A New Life Born from Loss

“These remaining embryos are lives that need a chance to be loved. I would never minimize a couple’s desire to have biological children, but if your situation prevents you from that, embryo adoption is a miraculous process that allows you to give birth to your adopted child.”

read more
Five Things You Learn When Donating Embryos

Five Things You Learn When Donating Embryos

You have decided to take the plunge and donate your embryos to another family! You may think the process is simple: Choose a program, speak with a representative, sign some papers, done! There is so much more to donating embryos than some families initially realize.

read more
Five Things You Learn When Adopting Embryos

Five Things You Learn When Adopting Embryos

Embryo adoption can sometimes feel like riding a bike. You learn a little bit about it and learn some more, but by the end of your journey, you will be zooming on by. There is a lot to learn, but is there anything unexpected you should know about?

read more
Grieving the Inability to Carry Your Genetic Child

Grieving the Inability to Carry Your Genetic Child

August 30th is National Grief Awareness Day. After countless clinic appointments, testing, and fertility treatments, being told you’re unlikely to have a genetic child can be heartbreaking. Many families facing infertility do not realize the importance of grieving the genetic child you can never have before pursuing adoption or other forms of family building.

read more
Fears of a Failed Frozen Embryo Transfer

Fears of a Failed Frozen Embryo Transfer

Unsuccessful frozen embryo transfers (or FETs) are more common than people think. Women 35 years and younger have a 60 percent chance of pregnancy per transfer. This means 40% of the time, the embryos do not implant.

read more
Embryo Quality and Pregnancy Success

Embryo Quality and Pregnancy Success

Just because embryos are donated does not automatically mean the embryos are of a lower quality. And even so, it is possible to achieve a perfectly healthy pregnancy and baby from lower quality embryos.

read more
The Adoption Triad through Embryo Adoption

The Adoption Triad through Embryo Adoption

In the adoption world, when you are hearing about open adoption, you will often also hear about the adoption triad or triangle. For embryo adoption, the adoption triad consists of the donor or biological family, the adoptive family, and the adoptees. Open adoption impacts each part of the triad in a unique way.

read more
Your Guide to Funding Your Embryo Adoption Journey

Your Guide to Funding Your Embryo Adoption Journey

Embryo adoption has helped many couples start the family they always wanted. If you are looking into embryo adoption as an option, managing the cost may be worth exploring. Even though it is more cost effective than other types of adoption programs, you may want to consider some of these ideas ahead of time.

read more
Embryo Adoption After Infertility

Embryo Adoption After Infertility

Robert and Sarah’s infertility journey started very early in their marriage. They imagined they would begin their family right away, but about a year into their marriage they were diagnosed with infertility. “While some people have struggles with infertility, we were purely infertile.”

read more
A Short History of Embryo Donation & Adoption

A Short History of Embryo Donation & Adoption

The use of in vitro fertilization was on the rise in the late 1990s and has continued to increase every year since then. The result is hundreds of thousands of embryos remaining in frozen storage waiting for the chance to be born.

read more
Eight Ways to Help Your Adopted Teen Build Their Identity

Eight Ways to Help Your Adopted Teen Build Their Identity

Your little one will be a teenager one day—it is never too late to start preparing for when they are older! Many families of adopted children start to lay their foundation of how they will parent their teenager now instead of thirteen years from now.

read more

Embryo Donation & Embryo Adoption Videos

Embryo Donation & Embryo Adoption Webinars

Loading...