With Thanksgiving right around the corner, we want to take a moment to let you know that we are thankful for you!
If you are an adopting parent, thank you for inviting us to walk through this journey with you. For the embryo donors, thank you for allowing us to help you find the best solution for your remaining embryos. To friends, family, and those curious about adoption, we are thankful for you, too. Thank you for being an advocate and support system for those wanting to adopt or place their embryos.
This month, we would also love to observe and support National Adoption Month.
For over two decades, National Adoption Month has been celebrated and promoted across the county. This Thanksgiving season, we invite you to start an annual adoption tradition! Join us this Thanksgiving and National Adoption Month as we recognize family and celebrate ways they have influenced our lives.
Here are some fun ideas to incorporate embryo adoption into your Thanksgiving traditions:
- As you go around the dinner table, everyone can share what he or she are thankful for. If you are an adoptive parent, think about including the placing family. If your children are young or like to color, you can have a disposable tablecloth and write or draw what you are thankful for on the tablecloth!
- Take a yearly photo, perhaps wearing the same outfit or in the same setting, and put it in your family’s adoption baby book.
- Start a blog that incorporates your family’s journey with adoption and share with others what you are thankful for.
- Offer to have families who are considering adoption over for Thanksgiving dinner. You can share your family’s story and help to answer any questions they may have.
- Cook a traditional meal from your family or child’s heritage. Alternatively, come up with your own secret family recipe!
- After dinner, watch an adoption-themed movie together.
- Write letters to people in your life who have walked with you through your infertility or adoption journey. You can write letters to the people who have been touched by adoption telling them how thankful you are for their example and support in celebrating adoption.