Anyone who has been through, or who is going through, infertility knows it is not a walk in the park. With Thanksgiving almost a week away, it might become apparent that your struggle may shroud your perspective on life and what there is to be thankful for. But if you think about, infertility can give you more things to be thankful for. Here are some examples:
- Be thankful for the patience learned – Infertility teaches many families patience as they wait for the child they have always dreamed of.
- Be thankful that health issues were discovered – Infertility can often times lead to the diagnosis of a condition that was not known before.
- Be thankful for improved communication – Infertility causes you to talk more with your partner, family, friends, doctors, counselors, and others willing to help.
- Be thankful that others become more involved in your life – Think of all the people there to help you and stand by you as you fight infertility.
- Be thankful for the opportunity to raise awareness or encourage others – You now have more of an ability and a voice to bring awareness to the struggle you have faced.
- If you have children, be thankful for them! – Your children are the result of hard work and determination. Enjoy and be thankful every second you spend with them!
- Be thankful there are options – There are countless options out there to help you build your family. Embryo adoption and donation, the most affordable and accessible option, is one of them.
To learn more about embryo adoption, visit EmbryoAdoption.org.