The initial infertility evaluation always includes investigation on both partners.
- Ovarian reserve testing to assess both egg quantity and quality
- Blood markers, FSH-follicle stimulating hormone and AMH-anti-mullerian hormone
- Pelvic ultrasound to look for the number of antral follicles
- Evaluation of the uterus and the fallopian tubes [hysterosalpingogram (X-ray) to assess the uterine cavity for the presence of uterine myomas or endometrial polyps and to assess the patency (or opening) of fallopian tubes]
- Semen analyzed for count, motility and morphology [structural integrity)]
- Optional genetic testing
- General health assessment, including a thyroid and infectious disease screening